EDUCATION , RENOVATING SCHOOLS AND FOREST CONSERVATION IN CHITWAN DISTRICT
Bhorle, Chitwan December 20, 2015 – January 3, 2016
Volunteer project: Bhorle village of Chitwan district is about 130 km south west from Kathmandu in the Central region of Nepal. Bhorle is a popular destination for international volunteers. We have been working there since 1995 and hundreds of volunteers have already joined the international workcamps in Bhorle.
A major attraction of Bhorle is its rich Gurung culture, the friendly attitude of local people and their active participation in the cultural exchange activities. Moreover, Bhorle is located on the foot of two high mountains and close to Trisuli river, which is very famous for rafting (you can see rafting boats from the camp house!). Chitwan is a main destination for jungle and wildlife adventures. One horned rhino, Bengal tiger, gharial crocodiles, species of birds and others, are the main attraction of Chitwan district
There is a variety of activities in the Bhorle volunteer project:
1. Manual work: building more facilities in the camp house i.e. new rooms, painting, gardening, etc.
2. Educational activities in the local primary school: teaching English, sport, music, etc. This is a small school run by the government but there is a very small number of students, so we are trying to attract the local children through the involvement of international volunteers. The volunteers will have the chance to teach and play with the kids. If volunteers could bring pencils, pens, books and textbooks, it would be much appreciated.
3. Environmental activities: The volunteers will help in the conservation works at a local community forest, a part of Chitwan National Park. Volunteers will help in plantation, caring for new trees and forest conservation awareness campaigns.
Free time activities: Trekking of Sinchang Gadhi (about 1500 m), Jungle Safari in Chitwan National Park, rafting in the Himalayan rivers.
Accommodation: In the camp house in Bhorle. Participants need to bring their own sleeping bag and mattress. The camp house can accommodate 15-30 people. Authentic Nepali food like Dal (soup of lentil or beans), Bhat (cooked rice), Tarkari (cooked vegetables) is provided. This is the staple food of the Nepalese and it is eaten every day.
Arrival and orientation: All volunteers are requested to participate in an orientation meeting in FFN office or Hotel in Thamel, Kathmandu on the day before the project starts. Details about the local host, the project and the travel arrangements will be provided. The volunteers travel together from Kathmandu to the project site in Bhorle. A public bus takes about 5 hours to get to Bhorle.
Location: Bhorle, Chitwan District
Age range: 18 and over
- ลงทะเบียน 6,000 บาท
- ค่าเดินทาง (ตั๋วเครื่องบิน ซื้อเองได้เลย)
- ค่าวีซ่า 1,450 บาท
- ค่าธรรมเนียมค่าย (จ่ายที่เนปาล 200 ยูโร)
- ค่าประกันการเดินทาง ประมาณไม่เกิน 1,000 บาท
รายละเอียดเพิ่มเติม V_Volunteer Indy
ค่าใช้จ่าย : 6,000 บาท