Recently, VSO Cambodia Livelihood programme has submitted the proposal to the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) for the EU funded programme to MAFF called “Promoting sustainable and inclusive growth in the agriculture sector: livestock and fisheries”. As part of the programme implementation, MAFF has a grant scheme for civil society organization to involve in implementing this programme. The programme divided into three components: Fisheries, Livestock and Sector Policy. Each component has the grant scheme and called for proposal separately but the start date of the project implementation is much similar because the end date of the project needs to be by June 2018. The livelihood Programme submitted proposals to bid for two components (Fisheries and Livestock) and we have awarded the grant. VSO formed the consortium with other organization (AVSF and PIN) to implement the Livestock project.
AVSF is a lead applicant and VSO and PIN are a co-applicant. The project is implementing in 6 provinces of Cambodia (Takeo, Kampong Speur, Pursat, Kampong Chhnang, Prey Veng and Svay Rieng). Each organization is responsible to implement all expected results in two provinces and VSO is responsible for Takeo and Kampong Speur.
To support the partner organizations and the 12 livestock Agricultural Cooperatives (ACs) in all aspects of business development, management, and marketing.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in business setting up, management and marketing
• Experience in designing and conducting training courses, coaching and mentoring to different level of trainees.
• Good at facilitation skill.
• Experience in developing small enterprises business plan including the feasibility study of the businesses.
• Experience working with small enterprise development such as Agricultural Cooperatives (ACs)
• Report writing, monitoring and evaluation
• Commitment to team work,
• All applicants must possess strong written and spoken English language skills.
• Applicants may be required to take a VSO language test as part of the selection process.
• Experience working in agri-business development would be an advantage.
• Understanding socio-economic issues, especially relating to Cambodia agriculture and economy development.
*** experience providing training on business and marketing to the farmers or staff
Placement subjected to funding confirmation (EU-MAFF)
Allowance and accommodation
VSO is responsible for Visa, Work Permit, Insurance, and all volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
ค่าใช้จ่าย : Allowance and accommodation All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.